- Create an Excel spreadsheet of student info with columns for Address, City, State, Zip, plus any other information you want to be available for each location - name, school, grade, etc. The 1st row must have headings.
- One building at a time, (this gives you separate folders in Google Earth), highlight the Excel info and drop it into step 2 at the website below, then run through the other steps at the site: http://www.batchgeocode.com/
- When the last step completes, click to Download to Google Earth file.
- Open Google Earth, click File, Open, select your files. They will drop into the Temporary Places folder, so drag them to My Places to save them.
- To make the location dot for each school a different color, right click the school folder in My Places and select properties.
- To put your school boundaries on the map, click the Polygon icon on the top toolbar and start clicking along your boundary - the polygon will show up after you have 3 points plotted.
Thanks for sharing Gary!