NETS for Teachers Web Link: http://tinyurl.com/2ud5ky
There are many opportunities for teachers to stay abreast of new trends and classroom integration. Here is a list of several options teachers may have in staying connected. This is by no means a comprehensive list and should be used only as a starting point. Start with one and when you are comfortable, add another resource to your repertoire.
- Local Technology Coach – Start with your local building technology support and find out what opportunities your local district and/or regional support center can provide.
- Blogs – There are teachers out there just like you who are writing about those issues affecting you, your grade level and particular curriculum. Ex: http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com/
- Social Networks such as Ning – These can be a great place to lurk and/or post questions to topics of interest to you. Ex: http://www.classroom20.com/
- Online Classes , Conferences and Workshops – A great way to learn at your own pace. Ex: http://k12onlineconference.org/
- Webinars – Another way to enhance your knowledge with out spending too much time, money, or travel. Ex: http://www.iste.org/webinars/